In writing about our personal experiences, we sometimes mention products or services that we use or recommend. This page may contain affiliate links for which we receive a commission.
Do you subscribe to any magazines?
I haven’t for years (since I ended my sub to Creating Keepsakes scrapbooking magazine about 4 years ago).
Those who know me, know that I can’t stand to sit down with a good book and just read. I’m far too impatient for that.
I must always be multi-tasking.
So, magazines are a great way to broaden my mind and explore various creative ideas — while watching TV, playing with the dogs, cooking, etc. at the same time.
Anyway, I found a couple of great websites for cheap magazine subscriptions (WeSellMags.com and Mags4cheap.com), and I opted for the following magazine subscriptions:
Better Homes & Gardens (…a little bit of creativity intermixed with a lot of practical use ideas.)
Consumer Reports (…nothin’ but the facts, man! Reviews of all sorts of household products.)
The company I decided to buy from (Mags4cheap.com) was running a “special” — buy 2 mags, get 1 free — so I got Jim a subscription to INC. (one of his favorites about running a small business.)
Other Magazines I’d Like To Subscribe To
If I find that I’m able to:
a) find the time to go through these magazines; and
b) enjoy “reading” again, then I’m hoping to add to my magazine collection.
Currently, these are my favorites:
- Real Simple – Neat and clean; Great tips for general home organization.
- Country Living – My tastes are far from “country”, but this mag has great decorating & organizational tips. I was surprised by how much “non-country” info was in it!
- House Beautiful – Even more interesting home decorating ideas.
- Southern Living – Believe it or not, I like this one for the recipes and random tips.
- Everyday Food – I organize and save all the recipes others have given me (or recipes for foods I’ve tried at others’ houses) in a program called MasterCook. I’m searching for some new EASY recipes, and this mag looks like it’s right up my alley!
- Budget Living – our budgeting spreadsheets say that we’ll be completely out of dept (except for our mortgage) very soon! In addition to programs like Quicken and shopping at places like Goodwill, tips from magazines like this one have paved the way for us.
UPDATE: Home Improvement & Log Home Building Magazines
Since we’ve started the process of building a new log home, I’m mostly interested in the following magazines these days:
Other home-related books or mags I’m currently interested in:
Updated list of my favorite house & home magazines for home organizing, de-cluttering and decorating tips.
I like to help people find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about "outside the box" Household Tips and Life Hacks that most wouldn't think of. I'm super-organized. And I LOVE to clean! I even enjoy doing laundry (but not ironing). I’m also a lifelong dog owner — so I often share my favorite tips for living with dogs inside your home (like smart home design choices and dog-friendly cleaning & decorating ideas). Career-wise, I've been sharing my best ideas with others by blogging full-time since 1998 (the same year that Google started… and before the days of Facebook and YouTube). Prior to that, I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I'm truly passionate about instead. For example, I've worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. When I’m not cleaning, organizing, decorating, or fixing something… you'll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).