This one’s a little far-fetched.
But if you have some old clothing that you just can’t bear to part with, then it may be just what you’re looking for.
I can visualize a fairly unique personal memento in the end.
If you — or your children — have some classic items of clothing that are all-time favorites like:
- A 10-year old pink shirt with holes and frayed sleeves that you just can’t bring yourself to throw away.
- Or, that purple ballerina skirt your 5-year-old wants to wear everywhere — including church and the market (and you let her).
- Or, a worn out old blankie that’s been handed down from generation to generation.
When the moment is right (like when they not longer fit, or they can no longer withstand washing), frame them!
Then hang them on the wall.
These will make a nice (and FUN!) way to remember your favorite things.
Then again, you could try the old quilt idea.
Make A Teddy Bear From Old Clothing
I recently saw on TV where someone made a “memory bear” from the clothing of someone who had just died.
I think the entire bear — stuffing and all — was made of the deceased person’s clothes (presumably for their ‘scent’ to linger, which is a good thing).
But you could also use that person’s favorite clothes to make garments that would fit a bear or doll that you or your children already have.
Or, go buy a teddy bear, then dress it up in these new handmade items.
More Ways To Reuse Old Clothing
- Creative Uses For Old Baby Clothes
- Green Cleaning: 37 Reuses For Old Clothes
- Use Old Clothes To Make Photo Frames
- 11 Ways To Repurpose Old Clothing
- Recycle Old Clothes To Make A New Frame
- Make Or Save Money By Reusing Old Clothes
- 19 Ways To Reuse Old Clothes
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).