This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
Who doesn’t like yard sales?
It’s such a great way to make some quick cash and get rid of clutter at the same time!
(Besides, people routinely take stuff that’s been left at the curb for FREE when it’s intended for the garbage, so why not sell it?)
But in my mind, preparing for a yard sale is a process …if not an art.
At my most recent yard sale, I made $1,013.00! Proof that if you take the time — and price things right — you can make a lot of money from a yard sale.
Each time I have a yard sale, I fine-tune the things I’ve done in the past and make mental notes of the things I want to do (and not do) at my next yard sale.
In order for businesses to be successful, they have to constantly reinvent themselves and create ideas that will appeal to their audiences. The key to a successful yard sale is to look at it as a business. Just like any event or product, you want to try to draw attention through advertisement and uniqueness. Although it is not a day-to-day job, you can prepare for this event in advance to ensure success. —Roxanne Ranelli
How To Make The Most Money At Your Yard Sale
So, how do you perfect the process of having a successful yard sale?…
By learning from your own past yard sales, others who’ve hosted yard sales, and by listening to the shoppers who visit your garage sales.
In time, you will begin to see what works and what doesn’t, and you will inevitably find shortcuts & time-savers that will result in even more yard sale profits.
What? You say you don’t have the time to do all of this research yourself?
Good news! I’ve done much of the legwork for you, and compiled all of my findings right here in this multi-part article series that I’ve entitled, “All My Best Yard Sale Tips”.
If you want to have a successful yard sale, this is the place to start!…
- How To Prepare For Your Next Yard Sale: 5 Things You Need To Do Now!
- The Best Days & Times To Have A Yard Sale
- Should You Have A Multi-Family Yard Sale Or A Private Garage Sale?
- How To Advertise Your Yard Sale, Where To Post It Online & How To Write A Yard Sale Ad
- How To Make Creative Yard Sale Signs… That Work!
- What To Do If It Rains During Your Yard Sale
- Yard Sale Cash, Change & Money Issues
- Tips For Pricing Yard Sale Items
- What Are The Hottest Yard Sale Items? What Sells Best?
- How To Set Up Your Yard Sale Space & Display Your Items For Sale
- Special Touches For More Sales & A Better Yard Sale Experience
- Reasons To Give Away Items For FREE + A List Of Yard Sale Freebies To Consider
- How To Attract Attention & Boost Attendance At Your Yard Sale
- What To Do With Leftover Garage Sale Items
- How I Made $1,013 At A Garage Sale – 101 Of My Very Best Yard Sale Tips!
Here’s a funny yard sale video that was originally made for the CMT network. Enjoy the work of country comedy artist, Dollar Bill:
I like to help people find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” Household Tips and Life Hacks that most wouldn’t think of. I’m super-organized. And I LOVE to clean! I even enjoy doing laundry (but not ironing). I’m also a lifelong dog owner — so I often share my favorite tips for living with dogs inside your home (like smart home design choices and dog-friendly cleaning & decorating ideas). Career-wise, I’ve been sharing my best ideas with others by blogging full-time since 1998 (the same year that Google started… and before the days of Facebook and YouTube). Prior to that, I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about instead. For example, I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. When I’m not cleaning, organizing, decorating, or fixing something… you’ll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve personally written over 200 articles about cleaning, organization, DIY repairs, and household hacks on this site! A few have over 2M shares; many others have over 100K shares.