This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
Personally, I clean about 200 homes in a year’s time (not including my own home). Suffice it to say… I use a lot of cleaning products!
I have tried a variety of different cleaning products, but I usually stick to the ones that I think are the best.
These household cleaners work the best, in my opinion:
- Clorox Clean-Up works best on kitchen sinks, bathroom sinks, bathtubs, bath mats and refrigerators. It gets rid of grease and grime with minimal effort. It kills mold, mildew, bacteria and germs. And to top it all off, it doesn’t have an offensive smell like plain bleach does.
- Scrub Free Soap Scum Remover is best for removing soap scum. It does exactly what is says it will do, and it also has a pleasant smell.
- Bar Keepers Friend is so good on sinks! It works especially well on hard to remove rust spots. A tip from @Star_10_Inc: “One word of caution – Bar Keepers Friend will take the color out of your colored sinks, toilets & tubs, so don’t use it on them.”
- Windex, the old-fashioned kind, (not scented) does a wonderful job on chrome, mirrors and appliances.
- Fantastik With Oxy Power works great with small spots on carpet or upholstery. It also cleans countertops and glass tables without streaking.
- Lysol Tub & Tile works great on bathroom sinks and tubs — especially if you’re looking for a product that smells good and disinfects without a lot of work. You just spray it on and wipe it off. It leaves your bathroom smelling great.
- Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner disinfects and cleans your toilet better than the majority of other toilet cleaners out there. I like how it’s available in different scents and available with bleach.
- Murphy’s Oil Soap is the best on wood trim, baseboards, and cabinets. It also does a great job on hardwood floors and even vinyl floors. Plus, I like how it leaves everything smelling fresh.
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work wonders! They can be used to remove fingerprints off of painted walls, scuff marks off floors, crayon marks, etc. I have even found that Magic Erasers will remove soap scum, as well as clean sinks and stove tops. They’re very convenient, because you don’t need any cleaner at all with Magic Erasers.
- Stainless Steel Magic is the absolute best thing that I have found to clean stainless steel. It will cut the time that it normally takes you to clean stainless steel in half — and you know that it’s not the easiest of jobs. With Stainless Steel Magic, your stainless steel will never look better.
- Formby’s Furniture Polish does an excellent job on furniture, and it has a very nice smell. You don’t have to use a lot of this product for it to work. And it doesn’t leave a greasy film or residue like some other furniture polishes do.
I think these are the top cleaning products because they really do what they are supposed to do. Plus, they are readily available at most stores. Based on my experience using all of these cleaning products, I plan on continuing to use them — as long as they are available.
Other Great Cleaning Products
- The “Magic” Behind Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
- Vacuum Cleaners, Air Fresheners & Stain Removers… Oh My!
- Bona Spray Mop vs. Shark Steam Mop
- Another Great Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Monster Steam Mop vs. Bona Spray Mop
- So Many Cleaning Products, So Little Time
Like this post? Save it to read again later… or share with others on Pinterest!
I’m a professional house cleaner. I have been self-employed for the past several years, and I thoroughly enjoy cleaning houses for a living. Yes, it can be very tiring, but I find that it can be very rewarding, too.