Who knew there would be a Wikipedia page about toilet paper orientation?
But I am happy to report that I have finally discovered the correct way to hang the toilet paper roll!
How do I know?
The hearts and flowers are upside down when the toilet paper is hung the WRONG way.
Haa haa. Hee hee.
So, now that I have proof (thank you Northern!), my next mission is to get dear hubby to start hanging the toilet paper roll the RIGHT way!
I don’t normally buy this ‘hearts and flowers’ brand of toilet paper.
If I did, perhaps hubby (and others) would have caught on long before now and there’d be no debate on the issue.
I’ve actually been doing it “right” ever since I moved out of the house and started living on my own.
Which is why finding the toilet paper hanging “wrong” somewhere else just seems so… well, wrong!
What Others Are Saying…
Before you start thinking I’m the only one talking about this delicate issue — and blogging about it — consider this…
They’ve been talking about toilet paper on TV a lot lately. (And today’s toilet paper commercials are nothing like the toilet paper commercials of yesterday.)
Heck, even the techies at CNet are talking about this topic.
So are the geeks at Fast Company.
So I’m definitely not alone here.
People are putting the most weight in this infographic which, as it turns out, was created by a couple of engineers.
Did You Know?…
Fortunately, there are people to help us with our good hygiene… and good humor!
- For parents, Cottonelle makes it easy to determine how much toilet paper kids should use.
- If you have pets (or kids), you may want to turn the toilet paper around the “wrong” way. Here’s why.
- How much toilet paper do you use? Here is one person’s summary of toilet paper usage over one year. (Psst, Sheryl Crow recommends using 1 square per visit!)
- To prevent people from using too much toilet paper in your house, just squish the cardboard tube inside the roll of toilet paper a little before you put it in the holder. That prevents it from unrolling smoothly and makes it more difficult to get a bunch off the roll.
- Check out these little-known facts about bathroom behaviors & toilet paper.
- Here are literally hundreds of fun things you can do with toilet paper rolls made of cardboard.
- How do you store your toilet paper? These Peterboro toilet paper baskets are quite cute.
I like to help people find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about "outside the box" Household Tips and Life Hacks that most wouldn't think of. I'm super-organized. And I LOVE to clean! I even enjoy doing laundry (but not ironing). I’m also a lifelong dog owner — so I often share my favorite tips for living with dogs inside your home (like smart home design choices and dog-friendly cleaning & decorating ideas). Career-wise, I've been sharing my best ideas with others by blogging full-time since 1998 (the same year that Google started… and before the days of Facebook and YouTube). Prior to that, I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I'm truly passionate about instead. For example, I've worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. When I’m not cleaning, organizing, decorating, or fixing something… you'll find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).