All this talk about public restrooms, germs, and weird OCD-like behaviors got me wondering… is it best to have the toilet paper roll dispense from the top, or from the bottom? Over or under?
According to Northern bath tissue, the majority of people (72%) prefer their toilet paper come from the top.
Unless, of course you’ve got pets. Then, it must be under.
UPDATE: There’s finally proof that toilet paper orientation (over vs under) does make a difference!
Little-Known Facts About Bathroom Behaviors
Even more fun facts from Northern toilet tissue you probably didn’t know…
- The majority of people (53%) use 4 to 6 squares of toilet paper to get the job done.
- 90% of women and 75% of men wash their hands after using a public restroom.
- 8% of Americans flush public toilets with their feet. (Only in public restrooms, I’m guessing.)
- 51% vs. 49% prefer to “crumple” vs. “fold” their toilet paper before using it.
- 1/3 of all Americans flush the toilet while sitting.
- 10% of Americans cover toilet seats in public bathrooms with toilet paper to avoid germs and filth.
More About Bathroom Behavior
- Do You Snoop Inside Medicine Cabinets?
- Embarrassing Moments
- Toilet Paper History & Timeline
- How To Clean A Toilet + The Best Toilet Cleaning Products
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).